Friday, April 13, 2012

Week 2: Leadership

MH900387528.jpg

My goal for my Leadership Project is to conduct a presentation on the power of digital storytelling for early learning. My presentation will detail the process and results of my Action Research Project on digital storytelling in education and how it can help student’s communication skills, improve literacy and empower students. Doing a conference presentation is the most effective way to show early learning teachers great examples of digital stories. It’s also a great opportunity to generate a discussion on the best strategies to integrate digital stories/technology into the early learning environment. In addition to sharing my experience working with early childhood education teachers, I will walk participants through the process of creating digital stories through Little Bird Tales, a user-friendly web 2.0 software.

I plan to apply to one of the early childhood education conferences like the National Association for the Education of Young People (NAEYC) or the Southern Early Childhood Association (SECA) conference. I will also apply to a technology in education conference like the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), or the Georgia Educational Technology Conference (GAETC).

No comments:

Post a Comment